Friday, May 22, 2009

New Mystery Quilt

So recently, I've been working on the McCall's Magazine Mystery Quilt.  My husband got me a quilting magazine for Christmas, but after 3 months of receiving nothing, he determined that it must not have gone through because he canceled his credit card and couldn't remember what magazine he originally ordered, so he went online and ordered this one for me.  A week later, I received a different magazine, so now I get two.  
Here are a few pics of the first 20 blocks.  There are 10 of the green, 4 of the red with the brighter blue, and 6 of the other red.  I didn't have enough of the blue speckled background, so I ended up improvising.  I'm going to use mostly Mark Lapinski's Calfilon line of fabric for this quilt.  The one with all three best depicts the color of the fabric.  I didn't notice all the stray thread until now, so please ignore those.  
I've got most of my quilting room packed up at this point, hopefully I'll be able to get a little in, but we'll see.  We're spending time with my family this weekend and the hubby and I are going on a date on Sunday!!!

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love it when the hubby does something quilt related for you? I know that I do! I love your blocks and just adore the Califon fabric. I hope you have a wonderful date this Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOKIN GOOD AS ALWAYS!
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete