Monday, December 12, 2011

Kitchen Swap Reveal

On Saturday at the BMQG meeting we swapped our kitchen swap items.  As a result, I can finally reveal what I made for Rebecca out of the fabric she provided.
I made two pot holders and two dish towels.  Rebecca provided the background fabric in the star/the stripe on the towel. I added all of the solids.

The star is made using a Moda Bake Shop tutorial for a folded star potholder.
You can really see the 3-D effect that the folded star has on the star in this photo.
I love how this came out.  I ended up loving it so much that I kept the first one that I made that had a few errors in it for myself and plan on adding a binding and using it as a wall hanging. 

2 comments:

  1. These were SO awesome! Thanks for linking the tutorial - I might have to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be so hard for me to let these go. They are so pretty and perfect!

    ReplyDelete