Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Modern She Made Swap Round 2 - Completed Pillow

I really had a very productive sewing day on Sunday.  In addition to getting some binding on some quilts (and actually quilting one) I also finished my Modern She Made Swap pillow cover.
I'm really pleased with how it turned out.  It really aligns with the vision I had for the pillow in the beginning. The pillow I stuffed inside this one is a bit too small, but it's the correct size that my partner wanted.

It's easier to see the machine quilting on the back of the pillow before I assembled it.  I did some straight line quilting on the outer most part and did a wood grain quilting in the center, around the leaf since I thought it fit well with the look of the pillow.  I'm really pleased with how it turned out. I hope my partner likes it.
Fresh Poppy Design


6 comments:

  1. Your pillow cover is so very pretty! What great fabrics and colors, combined so artistically. Your partner is sure to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out beautifully. Your partner is going to love it!!! The quilting looks great, I'm going to have to practice that one;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! LOVE that woodgrain quilting...

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the woodgrain quilting - it is amazing! your partner is lucky to be recieving such a fabulous pillow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pillow! Your wood grain quilting looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These quilts are awesome! I wish I had the talent to make one too!

    ReplyDelete