Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Nest Quilt Top

I have been hoarding four Tula Pink Nest charm packs for what seems like an eternity. I never touched them because I hadn't found the right pattern.  So many of the charm pack patterns chop up the fabric until you can no longer recognize the larger prints.


After seeing a pattern in the book, We Love Color, I decided to modify it a bit.  I altered the size to work with a charm pack, removed and altered a few other elements to create the quilt top you see here. I can safely say I'm in love with this quilt.


I used Kona Champagne to outline the charm squares and Kona Chocolate for the background.  Champaign and chocolate really do make a great combination, in real life and in this quilt, don't 'cha think?

The quilt top finishes at 97" x 67" and is one of the bigger quilts I've made in a little while.  I'm not sure how I'm going to quilt it just yet, so I'll move onto quilting a few other tops that I do know how I want to quilt first.

Fresh Poppy Design

12 comments:

  1. The color and design make me want to name this one Champagne Chocopops

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice use of of the yummy looking charm packs ... add champagne and chocolate ... makes a delicious quilt. Champagne Chocopops would be a good name ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt and what a nice way to showcase your charm squares. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design! Looks so nice on the brown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you've been busy this weekend! It has such nice balance to it, I can't wait to see how you quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty and I feel the same about not wanting to cut up special charm squares! Thanks for including the pattern source.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great charm pack quilt! I definitely understand about hoarding fabric until the PERFECT pattern comes along.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Champagne, chocolate, Tula Pink? Some of my favorite things for sure! Fantastic quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love this quilt top! It's such a great use of charms, especially when you don't want to cut into them. The colors are gorgeous, too-- good enough to eat :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should be in love with that quilt. It is especially beautiful. Great colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea Jen. It's beautiful. The browns work really well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved this quilt so much, had to make a lap-sized version using an Alphabet I Spy pack. See it on my blog: http://helenquilts.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/alphabet-i-spy-finished.html
    Thanks so much for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete