Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Riley Blake Challenge Quilt Top

The Christmas break was nice, I didn't have to worry about work or school, so I could spend lots of time quilting. In addition to finishing my Confetti quilt, which I'll show as soon as I can get a few good pictures of it, I also got most of my MQG Riley Blake Challenge quilt finished. A few more hours here and there this week and I managed to complete the top of my quilt.


I added in a solid purple and orange to go with the blue chevron and the orange dot. I plan on using the gray and white stripe for the binding. I did order more of the charcoal solid from Riley Blake for the background, but the rest pretty much was from the bundle provided. I did steal my aunt's blue chevron fabric since I needed a bit more of that because I didn't want to change the direction of the fabric.

After I finished the top, I realized the blue chevron fabric really gave the pinwheels a lot of movement, a very pleasant surprise.  Now to think about how to quilt this bad boy up. Hmmmm...

Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

9 comments:

  1. This is looking great! Love how you have 2 different sizes pinwheels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design!! One of my favorites from the challenge :)
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like that movement created by the chevrons. So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great design! I like the big and small pinwheels, makes me want to work on my challenge quilt! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blue chevron gave me grief--you solved it so well with direction in the pinwheels! Your orange with the dot looks good too. Well balanced motion and rest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great combination! I always get nervous when I try color combinations outside my comfort zone, but you're giving me confidence to try a new color scheme. - Best, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it a lot! This was a tough combination of fabrics. What you came up with is great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh this is very nice! Love the stripe in the pinwheel!

    ReplyDelete